As you look for a new or used vehicle, there are many factors to weigh. These factors include performance, reliability, comfort, style, safety, and more. Some cars excel in one area or another, while others are pretty strong across the board. We’re happy to report that the 2014 Lexus IS is, mostly, a vehicle for the latter camp.
So what exactly are its selling points? What are the one or two drawbacks? And what should you know before making your decision to buy a Lexus used in Orange County? We’ll cover all that and more in this quick Get My Auto review of the 2014 Lexus IS.
The 2014 Lexus IS at a Glance
This is truly one of the most noteworthy sedans on the market today, and it carries with it all the Lexus distinctions—style, comfort, and upscale materials. Specifically, it’s worth celebrating for its excellent handling and smooth ride, for its comfortable and spacious interior, and for its exceptional safety scores.
Here are some specific facts and figures about the 2014 Lexus IS:
– The sedan seats up to five people.
– MPG is 16-21 in the city, 23-30 on the highway.
– Horsepower ranges from 204 to 416.
– In terms of drivetrain, only RWD is available.
Pros and Cons of the 2014 Lexus IS
As far as specific selling points to the 2014 Lexus IS, here are a few of the big ones:
– The ride is smooth, comfortable, and composed.
– The handling is well-balanced, the steering responsive.
– The interior is stylish and upscale. It truly feels like a luxury car.
With that said, it’s also important to note a few drawbacks:
– The V6 engine is somewhat weak, and some drivers will complain about the sluggish performance.
– The infotainment center isn’t as intuitive or as easy to use as we might like.
A final note is that the 2014 iteration of this car is totally redesigned—so even if you’re a long-time IS fan, the 2014 model may boast some surprises for you.
Final Thoughts on Buying a Used Lexus in Orange County
We recommend this car with only a couple of fairly minor caveats. Certainly, if you are after an upscale sedan, the 2014 Lexus IS is well worth your time and attention.
As you look to buy a Lexus, though, try to buy your Lexus used. This is the best way to maximize your bang for buck. If you need help connecting with a reputable used car dealership in Orange County, contact Get My Auto today. We’d love to assist you in your quest for a used 2014 Lexus IS, or any other car you have your eye on!